Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A new piece of paper is all it takes....

....to get my creative juices flowing! This past weekend I picked up a couple pads of the latest My Minds Eye and I am TOTALLY smitten with them! So smitten, I coloured images all weekend specifically to match this paper.

For my first one I chose the cherries from Stamping Bella's Lulu's set of fruits. There is something about the soft yellow paper with the doilies that just screams grandma's house to me. Now, I'm not a fan of yellow because it is hard to work with, but I reallllly do love the vintage look of this paper so I pushed myself to JUST DO IT.


Now that I look at this again, I'm thinking I should have added a touch of yellow to some of those cherries. Not too late though, I may go back and do that. But for the image as is here, I stamped it on Bella's BESTEST paper with memento black ink and coloured with the following copic markers:

R12, 14, 27, 29, 39
YR30, Y11, 23, 17, 26, 28, E33, 35
YG13, 17, 67, 99, E47

I find it really hard to colour yellows with these markers...it usually ends up way too bright and harsh for my liking. So that second line of colours with the YR, Y's and E's were ALL used on the bowl and those layers of colours gave me the perfect warm yellow I was hoping for. Isn't it nice when things turn out as planned!  I didn't even have to use pencils on there to 'correct' my colour! However, I DID use pencils for all the shading and grounding around the image and I'll never stop doing that.

Don't forget about our sketch challenge this Friday over at Bloggabella! My card is already done, and YES, I used some of my new My Minds Eye paper :)

5 comments:

K1 said...

SO yummy!

Ann said...

Beautiful card and paper, and I love the colors you used for shading of the yellow. The E's you chose were a great idea! :)

dpkennedy said...

I love this Linda! It looks fabulous! Just like grandmas :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful. I agree, those papers are gorgeous. And you did an excellent job with the yellow!

Sandy said...

Yummy, yummy - I do love red and yellow together. Beautiful card - as you will probably be able to tell, I am doing some catching up with my snooping!!! Love your work Linda.
Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails