Monday, February 13, 2012

Mixed Media Frenzy

As I mentioned Pauline and I took a road trip to Paula's on Saturday and it was a mixed media frenzy day. Paula lives about 1 1/2 hours from my place and the roads weren't the best for driving. Okay, to be really honest they were the WORST we have seen this winter but we made it and thankfully we had dry clear roads on the way home. And now that it's behind me, I'll admit...I was not looking forward to driving home in the dark on bad roads. I don't mind so much during daylight, but it is not pleasant in the dark so I kept a keen eye on the weather that day and thankfully winds died down and snow stopped which made for a pleasant drive home.

That was until I got home to the news of Whitney Houston's death. Although I lived my 20's during the 80's I was more into alternative rock than the disco scene but her voice, and the movie The Bodyguard will stay with me forever. RIP Whitney.

With crappy roads and a life ended too short behind me, I do have an AJ Monday page to share today which I worked on at Paula's.



Our challenge this week was to use fabric and I knew immediately what I wanted to do. Draw a pretty Suzi Blu inspired face and 'make' her a dress out of fabric. The real challenge for me was that I was playing around with my new Derwent Inktense water soluble pencils which I don't quite have the feel for yet so I threw in some prismacolor pencils and koi watercolors for the face and an acrylic stencilled pattern in the background. What I loved about using the acrylics with the stencil is that I could go back with watercolours and the acrylic would resist the watercolour paints. It was pretty decent and I'll be doing that again in the future for sure.

Before i leave, in addition to stalking Emily's blog to see what everyone else did with fabric, you should also stalk Paula's blog because she was busy snapping pics of food and mixed media projects in the making that I hope she posts. The gals did some FAB projects that you won't want to miss out on.

Till next time...Linda.

5 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Love it!..as usual.

Sandy said...

Just Beautiful I'm so glad you posted it! Hope to see you and Paulina again soon!

dpkennedy said...

Stunning Linda! Wow!

Leslie said...

STUNNING! Love the fabric and everything about this!!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm in awe! Beautiful painting, colors, and how you incorporated the fabric. The texture is awesome. Amazing work!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails