Friday, October 29, 2010

Bellarific Friday Rerun!

Since Emily was over flowing with trade shows for the last two weekends we gave her a break and extended our sketch challenge to a two week event. I certainly HOPE that means we are gonna have a HUGE turnout this week to snag in all those who couldn't make it the first time around.

So, I DON'T have another sketch card for this week, but I do have something that uses a circle for the main focus. This is one of the cards I made up when I first got the cast off  my arm several weeks ago and was just getting back in the groove. It is not one of my fav's so I haven't posted it until now, when I don't have anything else to share. So you are kinda getting one of my dud's this week! LOL! Now, I don't think that cheffa huggabug is a dud, but I really am not all the fussy on the layout as a whole. Can't win 'em all I guess!


My vision was to keep it very white and sterile, sort of germ free like I would want a bakery to be, but the end result was not my vision so I have been keeping the card under wraps, until now, because under such short notice I had no time to come up with something else to fit the sketch.

If you are wondering what I do all week I'll be happy to tell ya!

When I am not at the day job, or colouring stuff for the blog, I taught a class at Pickle Wednesday night and had my usual regulars (hugs to all of you) and also a couple newcomers....from out of town none the less! Yup, that would be Bernice from Windsor and Maria from Sarnia. Them, with many other 'country folk' regulars made the trek through high winds to get to class. So happy to meet the 'newbies' and THANK YOU Bernice for the lovely cards you gave me. They are surely inspiring and I MUST get my hands on that hero arts ornament stamp for my mom this year. She will LOVE it and I think I can make 30 of them in a reasonable amount of time!

Before I leave you, I should remind you of next weeks Bellarific 1-2-3 challenge! That is ONE image, TWO designer papers and THREE embellishments! If you are a regular reader you should already have a head start! For new readers, you have until next Thursday at 5pm EST to sent your submission to Emily. All entries get a chance at bella bucks, and if you leave a comment, that will get you MORE \bucks! Pretty decent@

10 comments:

Pauline said...

I wish some of my 'duds' looked at great as this!! This card fit perfectly for this weeks challenge. I haven't used that border punch in like forevah! must dig it out. Awesome job on the coloring as usual Linda, your such an inspiration!

Crafty Cath said...

Ok, I think you should let us be the judge of a dud card from now on...this card is adorable. I love all the white and the subtle blue. The layout is wonderful. I know a little mini-bella (Madison) that would die if she got this. While her sister is more creative she is the baker. You've been given advance warning that this card willl be cased! this weekend most likely!

Stempeltiger said...

Your card is absolutely ADORABLE Linda!
Amazing colouring.
Hugs from Germany
Swantje

Cindy H. said...

No way is this a "dud" in my eyes! I think this is just adorable!! Love the blue and white combo and the cute image. tfs

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, What an adorable card!

Hugs,
Renata

Meahni Pieterse said...

I love your clinical look, and the card is beaUtiful!!!

Dana White said...

This is so sweet & love that you had the circle for the centre still - this is so not a dud card my friend

Mary J said...

Brilliant card - your colouring is just too amazing!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is adorable! I love how you shade white areas. (Well, all areas. lol.)

paula tracy williamson said...

CUTE!!!! love the blue/white

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails