Monday, June 28, 2010

on the cover of the Rolling Stone...

Remember that song? Okay…maybe I’m showing my age! For you youngin’s, google it…I’ll give you a tip….Dr. Hook and you’ll likely find it on you tube.


so have you ever wanted to be on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine? Well you can…with a trip to Cleveland, a $22 per person admission, getting your picture taken in front of a green backdrop, touring the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, spending too much money in the gift shop and on the way out spending another $20 on a customized picture, YOU TOO can be on the cover of the Rolling Stone! After shelling out the twently bucks for the cheezy pic Mark and I chuckled that we will put this one in the archives with our cheezy Graceland picture! did ya all get a glimpse of the UGLY black and blue brace on my arm? Nothing new to report there. I’m doing my physio exercises 2-3 times daily and am seeing improvement in my range of motion but still have a LONG way to go….and swelling is STILL an issue so I continue to ice after my exercises.


And check out my mug! Pretty darn cool eh! I was gonna bring it to work, but I’m having second thoughts cause I reallllly realllly like it and think it should stay home to make me smile while I have my morning cup of coffee before I hit the day job. I FREAKING LOVE IT! (we also bought a matching VW bug fridge magnet bottle opener that has found a home on the basement fridge…fyi…there are NO fridge magnets on the kitchen fridge…I have my limits!)

You may have realized by now that we are home from the Cleveland area after our third Dave Matthews Band concert of the summer tour…typing continues to be tiring, I can’t color, but I can certainly still get my groove on (albeit, I often rest my hand on top of my head to elevate it when I feel it starting to swell…much to the dismay of the peeps behind me I’m sure!). This is a pic I took at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls! WAY COOL place for a concert! I’d say it hits the top of my list along with Alpine Valley in East Troy, Wisconsin. (BUT I have not been to Red Rocks or the Gorge YET!)


Do you know the band will NOT be touring next year? After 20 years of summers on the road they have decided to take a year off. OMG! SADNESS! But kudos to Dave for giving us lots of notice so we can plan an alternate vacation. I’m thinking 5-6 DMB concerts across the united states each summer has GOT TO be equivalent to 2-3 weeks in Europe? What do ya think??????

Ciao Bella’s…

5 comments:

Kandi said...

That's funny, I just heard that song on my way to work the other morning. I hadn't heard it in a long time. My kids were in the car, almost to their day camp destination and requested that I change the station, they said "that song is dumb", so I cranked it up, lol.

I think that's so cool that you get to see Dave so many times during the summer. That sounds like a lot of fun. I think he usually gets pretty close over here and plays at the gorge in George, WA. I've never been (I know, I know, maybe one of these days.) Take care.

Oh and P.S., I would keep the mug at home too. Sometimes cool things like that grow legs at work and walk away.

Karen Motz said...

Looks like you had a great time and came home with some cool souvenirs. I have a cheesy Graceland picture too!!! And thanks...now that song is stuck in my head!

Susan said...

I follow your blog often and I find it coincidental that you were in Cleveland. That is where I was born and raised and lived until I married my husband and moved to Welland Ontario!! I too love Blossom! Spent many a teenage year there for numerous concerts, some I remember and some I don't! LOL!

Susan said...

oh, btw - I LOVE the mug!

paula tracy williamson said...

had to look at the mug one more time...It is freaking awesome... even if it reminds me of pot smoking hippies! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails