Sunday, March 7, 2010

Let the games begin!

If you don't know yet, Stamping Bella is having a release on Friday...I haven't seen everything, but what I have seen is gonna ROCK YOUR WORLD!

I'll have three new images to show you this week, but keeping with the challenge over on the Bloggabella, I'm gonna save the best for last! Remember it's an 'open' challenge, just send your bestest work to Emily by Thursday.


Meet Izzie has a letter...I think it's a love letter and she is saying 'miss Linda, I love you too!'...LOL! Seriously, I do luv her and just want to snuggle her, but it is a card and I wouldn't want to crumple it.

AND..bonus...for all you copic fans out there...the sun was shining down on me yesterday and I had nothing on my to do list except to color so I took the time to track down the colors I used in this card...just in case you wanted to order a few when you add izzie to your cart ;)

E0000, 000, 00, 11, R20
E40, 41, 43, 04, 07
YG0000, G20, 40, 12
BG10, 11, 32, 34, 72, 75
T0, 1, 2, 3 (to shade the BG's)
W00, 0, 1 (the letter)
E30, 31, 35 (hair)

Now I did add just a small bit of pencils to shade to the dress, but not a lot, just a tiny bit. And I also used a brown pencil to color over the black polka dots just to tone down the harsh black. Finally, in case you are wondering, the patterned paper is Memory Box.

On another topic, I'll answer some recent questions:

1) For Renee, nesties for newbies. I would probably recommend the large set of circles or ovals...you can always cut a square or rectangle without having to use a die but it is pretty tough to cut an oval :)

2) Copic tutorials for Frannie. Run, don't walk to the copic creations blog. They have bi-monthly challenges which are listed on the sidebar so just go to the one you are interested in and they provide links to FANTASTIC tutorials related to that technique. It is one of my fav places to hang out.

3) Pencil or watercolor pencil tutorials for Jocelan. I can't help with watercolor pencils, but for prisma and gamsol check out this grass tutorial that Paula put together and for a basic pencil/gamsol tutorial check out this one that Paula often recommends.

Whew! That's it for today...off to get inky again...be sure to keep checking on all the Babe's too cause I'm pretty sure they'll be sneaking some new stuff in as well!

18 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow! Beautiful card! I love your coloring! The Izzy images are adorable and this is no exception!!!

The Spotted Chick said...

Just beeee-u-tiful!! Gotta get this Izzie!! She's SO cute! Love it Linda!

Deanna said...

Amazing Linda!

Crafty Cath said...

Simply stunning Linda! Thank you for the sneak peak on the new releases...can't wait to see the rest.

Linda Carson said...

What a beauty! Exciting things to look forward to this week w/Bella!

Karen Motz said...

EEKS! I LOVEY her too!!!!! She's beautiful!!!!!

Unknown said...

oh If only i could colour half as good! I think you are amazing, i love your work : )
your cards are always stunning, i think i have visited your blog everyday since my internet has been back on just looking at the same cards over and over...i never get bored, they are just wonderful.
im going to have a look at the links for tutorials, TFS
take care
love emma xxx

Dana White said...

Oh man that is beautiful!! Simply stunnin!!

Heidi said...

this is just fabulous, your coloring is unbelievable.

Unknown said...

Good golly is that ever GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Good golly is that ever GORGEOUS!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ohhhh wow. I have no words for how cute your work is...seriously....hmmm...Yeah, wow will have to do it. :)

Mary Frances said...

Seriously Linda, what Paula called you when she saw this ..I double it!! It is simple gorgeous and I can't wait to see her in person. You know if you wanted to spread this love your feeling I won't object to giving her a prominent place on my inspiration wall.

dpkennedy said...

Oh!!! I love her! Your card is just beautiful! I'll be shopping on Friday for sure!

Tammi said...

Oh wow, she is just adorable, beautiful card..as always!

Lissa said...

Izzy looks so awesome!!! Thanks for the link to Copic Creations...

paula tracy williamson said...

Everyone probably left the words I would have liked to leave you...but I still have a few I am thinking of. Can you guess them?

Me ! said...

Beautiful absolutely stunning. I love the blending and shading. One quick question. DId you use normal Copics for the grass??

Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails