Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Three Little Ole' Ladies

This is the other River City Rubber Works image I coloured up on Sunday night snuggled into my couch! You may or may not know that I just sit and color with no papers in front of me for inspiration. For this one, I started with the turquoise dress...next decided on the cinnamon then hummed and hawed for a bit and went for the purple....well...it ended up being a bit brighter than I had in mind so I knew I'd have a challenge when it came to mount it. I didn't even bother to go thru my stash of paper cause I just knew it would be a futile attempt!


I played around a bit with some lace background stamps because I knew I wanted lace for these little ladies but nothing was working for me. So after work I headed off to Fabricland (for you Americans, it's a poor Canadian substitute for Jo-Ann's) to buy some 'real' lace! I knew that is what it needed! I waited in line NO LESS THAN 15 minutes to get my selections of lace cut because only two people were working. One was on cash and the other was unloading a shipment! LIKE....do that stuff in mid afternoon when us full timers are sitting at our desk! NOT at 4:30 when we are racing around getting our errands done! But I waited patiently without a huff because i WANTED this lace!

You can imagine after waiting for 15 minutes in line i was DETERMINED to use a piece of lace. I bought a length of 4 different ones, and this is what I decided on. Despite the deep purple dress, I think I may have pulled it off!

Well, off to cut ribbon for class tomorrow. I have all papers cut and packaged up for the 4 upcoming classes, just need to get the ribbon done. For once I'm ahead of the game....YAY!!!!!!!!!

Oh...one last thing if you are still with me. I couldn't resist adding my little Westie's to the pic. I can just totally imagine these little ole' ladies being Westie mamma's!

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

Wow, beautiful. I love your card.

lg Kerstin

Beverly A said...

What a perfect combination of colors and supplies. You really pulled this one off, fantastic!

Cindy H. said...

Great job!! I think the lace looks perfect! And, as I look at this card, I am reminded of an old movie: Arsenic And Old Lace - although there were only two elderly ladies:) Wonderful comedy! TFS

paula said...

Hey Linda...the lace is perfect, i can even smell ole' lady perfume when I look at this! lol Roses, Windsong...you captured them perfectly!

Linda Deline said...

The lace is perfect... never thought of that. Can't wait for class. Goc bless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails